Monday, May 20, 2024


 I'm not one of those people who has seen KING KONG 100 times, or THE WIZARD OF OZ 150 times, or--God forbid--TWILIGHT 7000 times. I have seen many movies multiple times. Great movies, good movies, or movies that just hit you right should be viewed and re-viewed as often as they still uplift, educate, or entertain. I just have never watched any movie on occasions numbering three digits.

I do know, definitely, which movie I've seen more than any other and it is...

THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN... which I have seen, at best guess, 30-35 times. Well, it's a great movie!

After that, I'm almost certain the next few on the most-viewed list would all be old horror movies. I am, and have been all my life, a true Monster Kid. So, popping THE WOLF MAN into the electrical machine would be a regular, unsurprising event with me. Even old horror movies I'm not crazy about, like THE MUMMY'S HAND, I've still seen many times.

So let's eliminate the old horror movies. On that basis, which movies have I seen most often? Oh, I dunno. Really. There would be a long list of movies I've seen 10-20 times, but which one or two or so I've seen the most, I cannot say. Here are some likely candidates.

THE GODFATHER

PATTON

DUCK SOUP

TOP HAT

THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

AIRPLANE

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

THE PRODUCERS

BANANAS

HORSE FEATHERS

THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE

SUPERMAN (THE MOVIE)

...and probably quite a few more. Kinda wish I'd kept track of the numbers. Oh, well. Gotta go now and rewatch some movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  There are three people in the photo, two women and one man. The camera recorded this image outdoors, on a gray day, in a cemetery. The bla...