Wednesday, April 17, 2024

 


A quick follow-up to the last post in which I revealed how little notice I take of movie music...

I just read a comment elsewhere in which it was stated that OPPENHEIMER had a "wall-to-wall" music score, that it was a movie with barely a single unscored moment. I'm assuming that's true.

But I have to admit, I didn't notice any music at all. I did see OPPENHEIMER, in a theater, with speakers blaring. I didn't fall asleep, didn't take a bathroom break, was attentive and relatively entertained throughout.

But if you'd told me that OPPENHEIMER had NO music score whatever...I'd have believed you. I genuinely did not notice a single note of music in the movie.

I guess this is on me, but maybe Ludwig Goransson or Christopher Nolan should shoulder some of the responsibility too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  There are three people in the photo, two women and one man. The camera recorded this image outdoors, on a gray day, in a cemetery. The bla...