Saturday, February 24, 2024

 



Here's a scoop for you-- Stephen King has written a lot of books!  I know! Who would have guessed?

Just how many he's written is not so clear. He's written, or co-written, 63 novels. I think. And he has several short story collections, a couple of non-fictions, other stuff. It's the other stuff that brings some questions.

I mean...CREEPSHOW? Is that a book? He did some rewriting on THE GUNSLINGER after it was first published, so does that make it two books?  For that matter, does THE STAND count as one, two, or maybe even three books?  Of course, CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO is a big ol' bucket of arguments.

But my count, which is the only one that matters to me, is that Stephen King has written 83 books, total. You can have your own number, but I'm going with 83.

Just a couple of days ago, I finally finished reading THE DARK TOWER saga, by conquering, uhh, THE DARK TOWER. 

Of course, King has another book (a short story collection), coming in the Spring and I'll read it right away. I mean, now that I've conquered the mountain top, I don't care to be knocked off.

I'm not going to get into best and worst and suchlike. Not now. Maybe later. For now, I'll just bask in the glory of having read all them big ol' books.

And thank you, Mr. King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  There are three people in the photo, two women and one man. The camera recorded this image outdoors, on a gray day, in a cemetery. The bla...